Due to ongoing staff shortages at security checkpoints, wait times at the terminal continue to be considerable. Individual forecasts for any duration cannot currently be made. The Federal Police, the official security company, and Düsseldorf Airport are working to remedy the situation as quickly as possible.
If you have planned a trip from Düsseldorf, please note the following:
- Check-in: If you are checking luggage, please arrive early at check-in. Please ask your airline for the check-in counter opening times. ➜ Airlines A-Z
Passengers traveling with carry-on luggage only are not subject to check-in counter opening times. It is recommended to bring as little carry-on luggage as possible to the security area.
- Late night check-in: Several airlines (e.g., Eurowings, Lufthansa, Condor, Air Berlin and Niki) offer check-in the evening before, allowing you to save valuable time on your travel day and to pass through security before the check-in counter opens. Find all information about checking in the night before here. ➜ Late Night Check-in
- Plan your time: Manage accordingly by arriving early at the airport and plan for extra time at the security checkpoints.
- All airport gates lead to your boarding gate: You can enter the security area through all three airport gates. Depending on the traffic volume at any security checkpoint, you may choose to enter the security area through a different checkpoint to the one indicated on your boarding pass. Connecting passageways allow you to reach your boarding gate in minutes. Düsseldorf Airport service staff will be able to inform you about capacity.
- Help us help you: Please try to remain calm despite longer wait times. This greatly improves efficiency and contributes greatly to managing the situation.
We sincerely apologise for the current situation and kindly ask our customers for their understanding.