8 tips for traveling in Corona times
After the corona lockdown, things are finally going on at the largest airport in North Rhine-Westphalia! The range of routes and passenger numbers are increasing, especially now during the summer season. For a safe and relaxes journey to and from Düsseldorf it is important that everyone - passengers, visitors as well as employees - considers tne safe distance and hygiene rules.
1. Please check, if there are entry restrictions in your target country
1 / 8
2. Check your travel documents
2 / 8
3. Check the status of your flight
3 / 8
4. Follow the hand baggage rules: only one piece of hand baggage per passenger
4 / 8
5. Wear a face mask
5 / 8
6. Consider the safe distance and hygiene rules
6 / 8
7. Plan more time at the checkpoints
7 / 8
8. Don't forget anticipation and serenity
8 / 8
What should I consider when preparing for a trip?
Sometimes the regulations of the destination change very quickly. It is therefore advisable to check the latest information shortly before you start your trip. In order not to experience any unpleasant surprises with the new regulations and changed processes, we recommend ...
- Contact your airline to find out if you need to comply with any additional regulations.
- Keep in mind that different rules may apply abroad than in Germany. The website of the Federal Foreign Office (Auswärtiges Amt) provides useful information on this.
- Find out which rules apply at the destination airport - both for your arrival at the destination and for your return journey.
- Plan enough time for your arrival, paying particular attention to extended times when checking in and boarding.
Hygiene rules: What do I have to consider?
- To protect yourself and fellow travelers from potential COVID-19 infection, please wear a face mask!
- If possible, Please maintain a safe distance of at least one-and-a-half meters between you and others.
- Please maintain the safe distance between you and others in the elevator. If possible, use the next elevator or the stairs.
- Please avoid physical contact such as shaking hands or hugging.
- When coughing or sneezing please cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue and avoid touching your face with your hands.
- Please wash your hands often and thoroughly for at least 20 seconds.
- Please make sure to disinfect your hands regularly and use the disinfection dispenser provided by us.
Airport Health regulations as PDF file
With these tips you can start your vacation relaxed
Patience and time
Due to the adapted processes for check-in, security control and boarding, travelers should plan significantly more time. This also applies to arriving passengers during deboarding, immigration controls and baggage claim. Passengers should therefore check with the airline in advance about the status of their flight before they travel.
At the instruction of the Federal Police, only a maximum of one piece of hand baggage per passenger is currently accepted at aviation security controls.
Hand luggage should also be kept to a minimum in order to help reduce waiting times at the security checkpoint. The regulations of the respective airline are decisive for the size and weight of the hand luggage.
Hand baggage regulations are mandatory for all travelers. Liquids such as drinks, perfume, gels, pastes or lotions that passengers want to carry in hand luggage are limited to 100 milliliters per container in the packaging volume. The passenger must present these containers in a transparent and reclosable plastic bag with a maximum capacity of one liter at the security check.
In the terminal: Always keep an eye on your luggage. The police advise that money, papers and valuables should only be carried on the body and not, for example, placed loosely on the luggage cart.
Check your ID documents for validity before you travel. This also includes getting information about the respective entry requirements of the target country.
Arrival by bus and train
If you are traveling by public transport, you should take into account the current bus and train timetables.
In order to avoid a search for a parking space on site, the airport recommends vacationers to reserve their desired parking space online in advance and thus save additional money.
WiFi at Düsseldorf Airport
At Düsseldorf Airport, passengers and visitors can access public WiFi free of charge around the clock. The offer is available for the most common applications. In addition to free internet access, guests also have the option of booking a premium version. After extensive optimization measures, the airport started using the public WLAN with a higher bandwidth and quality that was optimized across the board at the start of the holiday.
All information in one app
With the free "DUS Airport App", air travelers have all the important information and services. You will receive information on departures and arrivals, the range of services and your own flight status. In addition, you can easily search and book flights, share information or watch the webcams. The app is available for the iOS and Android operating systems.